Primary Objective of Friends of Pilanesberg:
Within such legal restraints as may pertain at any given time, the aim of the Society is the conservation of the habitat and the fauna and flora of the Pilanesberg National Park and in any other area that the committee deems fit for any particular or exceptional reasons.
- To raise funds and then to provide the funds plus any material, equipment, information, expertise, advice and publicity necessary to further the aims of the Society;
- To initiate action to further the aims of the Society provided this is acceptable, where appropriate, to the Government or Department concerned;
- To promote and sponsor education, training and dissemination of information in any of the disciplines of conservation to further the aims of the Society;
- To recruit new members worldwide and to promote and publicize the aims of the Society;
- At the committee’s discretion, to encourage and assist the establishment of branches of the Society anywhere in the world. Any such branch shall be subject to the terms of this Constitution and such administrative rules as may laid down by the Central Committee, being the Committee of the original Society;
- To foster a spirit of friendship and co-operation between membership of the Society and the permanent and temporary residents of the Society’s physical operating area in the furtherance of the aims of the Society;
- To collect and accept subscriptions, donations, bequests, endowments and any other benefits from any source whatsoever to be used for the advancement of the aims of the Society;
- To engage in any other activities as may be considered necessary or expedient in the furtherance of the interest of the Society and its aims.
Public Relations & Fund Raising Officer - Roland White
Cell: +27 83 227 1273
The Society is a non-profit organisation that works in conjunction with the North West Parks & Tourism Board. Once a project has been agreed on by the Board and the Friends of Pilanesberg Society (FOPS) committee, the Society attempts to obtain funding through both corporate and private sponsorship.
This is the ideal opportunity for you or your organisation to become involved in the ongoing conservation of our environment. All donations will be acknowledged in a manner most effective to the donor.
Our fundraising number is: 006-421 NPO
Donations are welcome and can be deposited directly into our bank account.
To find out how you can become a member of Friends of Pilanesberg, click on the MEMBER ZONE
Friends of Pilanesberg
Acc Number: 1514221241
Branch code: 151405